Mazda Update Toolbox How-To Guide
Update your contents on your navigation system via Mazda Update Toolbox application
Here you can find, how to use the application
What is Mazda Update Toolbox?
You can update the full map in your navigation system with the help of the Mazda Update Toolbox. It is a free-of-charge software that allows you to download or purchase and install map updates onto your navigation SD card.
The Mazda Update Toolbox is quick and easy to install.
Download the Mazda Update Toolbox
- On https://mazda.welcome.naviextras.com select the region where you purchased your vehicle. You will be automatically navigated to the regional website.
- Look for the Toolbox Download button under ‘How to Update’ section.
- Click to download Mazda Update Toolbox.
Double-click on the file and on the pop-up window press run to start the installation.
Note: On OSX version, you will find the downloaded installer file in the ‘Downloads’ folder. To start Mazda Update Toolbox, click on ’Mazda Update Toolbox’ icon in the ’Applications’ folder or start it from theLaunchpad.
- Select your preferred language of the Installation Wizard.
- To install the application, follow the on-screen instructions.
Start the Mazda Update Toolbox application
After starting the Toolbox, it will try to connect to the servers.
NOTE: If the connection fails, a warning screen is displayed. You can EXIT the application or TRY AGAIN. Toolbox will automatically attempt to connect to the server in every 270 seconds.
- Insert the Mazda SD card into your computer.
- If your SD card is recognized by the Toolbox you will be directed to the Login page.
NOTE: If your SD card is not recognized by the Toolbox, it might be damaged or some files corrupted/altered on the SD card. Please contact your Mazda Dealer. If your SD card is recognized but it is not compatible with this version of the Toolbox, you will be prompted to download the appropriate version of the Toolbox.
NOTE: At start, the Mazda Update Toolbox prompts you to update the software if there is a newer version available. If you choose to update, you will go through the same installation procedure as described above. You must be logged in to be able to update the software. If you are notified about an available update but can find no way to complete it, please contact your internet service provider.
Log-in and Registration
Start Mazda Update Toolbox (from Start menu or in case of OSX operating system, from ´Application’ folder or from the Launchpad)
Insert your Mazda SD card into your computer.
- Click on
- Enter your email address and password
- Once you are successfully logged in, your email address will be shown on the top right area of all Mazda Update Toolbox screens
NOTE: If your email address is already used for any Toolbox application, there is no need to register again, but please try to log in with it. If you forgot the password, require a new one by clicking on the Forgotten Password link.
to create a new account. Enter your name, select the country of your residence, provide your email address and a password (min. 6 – maximum 32 characters)
- Tick the box to sign-up to receive notifications about the availability of new map updates.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tick the box to accept it.
To verify your account, click on the email we sent to your email address
NOTE: In case you wish to create a corporate account, please choose button ‘I am a corporate user”. You will be asked to complete the form and provide your company’s Tax registration number. If your company is registered in the EU and has an EU Tax number, you will be able to purchase content without VAT. Insert the Mazda original SD card (provided with the vehicle’s navigation system).
- Toolbox will automatically recognize the SD card.
Download and install map updates or updates from your subscription
Login and insert your SD card.
Toolbox automatically checks if you are eligible for any updates and if yes, it lists the available contents (Available Updates screen). If there aren’t any available contents, or your SD card is up-to-date, you will be redirected to Home screen.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can always reach the [Available Updates] screen from the HOME screen.
You will see:
- the current content version installed on your SD card
- the validity of your subscription
- Free updates and extras that you are eligible for
The FAQ page is hosted on the official Mazda Connect mapupdate website and it will open in your default browser. The Toolbox will remain open in the background.
In the Resources section you can also check the software version of your Mazda Connect navigation system.
The Account menu is accessible from the Side Bar.
- You can change your email address by clicking on Change Email
You can delete your Mazda Update Toolbox account by clicking on Delete Account.
NOTE: Once you delete your account, you cannot log-in any longer or download contents, however, all the contents downloaded already to your Mazda SD card will remain. If you wish to update your navigation map in the future, you will need to create a new account in the Mazda Update Toolbox.
Notification subscription preferences
You can subscribe to receive email notifications about new map updates / map system updates.
You can change your subscription preferences by adding or removing the tick from the checkbox next to "Subscribe to newsletter". Click onto save the changes.
Toolbox application is available in different languages depending on the selected region: Czech, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
The current (chosen) language is highlighted in the middle. You can change the current language selection by clicking on another one from the list.
You can back up the contents of your Mazda Connect navigation device or restore the device to a previous state.
Access the Backup/Restore function from the Side Bar.
- Click on Backup to save the current contents on your SD card.
- Provide a name for your backup file in the field form.
- Click on Backup button to start the process and wait until it finishes.
- Click on Restore if you want to recover an older version of the contents.
- If you have already done a backup before, Toolbox will display the available files.
- Choose the backup file you wish to restore and wait until the process finishes.
NOTE: The Restore process might take several minutes. Once the process is initiated it cannot be cancelled.